Automatic Buffer Fields is an original solution developed by RETNIG in the field of automation and systemic approach to buffering loads (goods) in various production and warehouse areas. The key part of the application is a unique software that continuously manages the buffer fields in a way consistent with the production plan set by the planners. The key for efficient use of the application is connecting the push and pull nodes together in the most optimal way. Automatic buffer fields can be fully integrated with the ERP class software used by plants, which will directly manage the area (type and arrangement of the load, preparation and consignment time), or can be managed by the operator locally, in which case he or she must plan the area and the loads accordingly.
The main features of RETNIG Buffer Fields:
- Saving space - due to the high efficiency of the operating automation system, the amount of buffered materials can be limited
- Significant acceleration of tracing the right materials for production - thanks to the traceability technology in the buffer field and the automatic mode operation, the operator does not have to go through several hundred pallets located in different areas of the plant; the system knows well what and when to prepare for consignment
- Significant improvement of safety - a few hundred pallets on the ground considerably limits the room for maneuver for forklifts and staff and significantly limits visibility; lack of space makes it impossible to designate separate and safe communication routes for machines and people
- All data from the buffer fields is available online
- The system collects and archives data in a way to allow preparation of precise reports from a given area in an intuitive way with just a few mouse clicks.
- The application is in line with the Industry 4.0 trend - due to its simple and intuitive operation, the ability to make changes at any stage of the process as well as data processing
For automation of this area, we use all available methods of automated transport at the plant, such as:
- Conveyors - for buffering and rotating goods in the buffer field
- Shuttles (also known as transfer cars) - mainly for picking up and consigning goods
- AGV - automatic delivery of goods to buffer fields
- SCADA system - for reporting data online
- All other elements required for the proper functioning of the flow in the buffer field
- Automatic buffer fields can also use stacking on typical storage racks, after appropriate modification.